People often ask about “Elder Law,” as many are unsure about the various components of the practice.
This is not so surprising, as elder law involves helping individuals and families deal with a wide variety of issues including long term care, medical directives, incompetency, guardianship, disabilities, asset protection and Medicaid.
Services at many law firms, including Curtin Law Office, include:
- Reviewing estates for long term care planning purposes and addressing concerns about the high cost of nursing home care
- Helping loved ones stay at home with home-care assistance and caregiver help
- Creating special needs trusts for disabled individuals
- Assisting with the guardianship of a loved one
- Navigating the ins-and-outs of Medicaid